Pragativahini News, Bengaluru : Several important decisions were taken in regard to various demands of weavers here on Saturday.
The meeting chaired by Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai took the following important decisions.
1) To chalk out a scheme to give 50 per cent subsidy to the professional weavers community.
2) To extend Nekar Sanman scheme to wagers working in powerlooms.
3) To issue Occupancy certificates for the weavers residing in weavers settlements.
.4) To issue an order giving concession from Karnataka State Pollution Control Board for the weavers who are doing weaving in home by considering it as ‘cottage industry’.
5) To fix the quantity to supply uniform required under Vidya Vikas scheme from Karnataka Handloom and PowerLoom Corporations and to float tender for the rest of quantity. Work order to this effect must be issued in December to ensure the supply at the right time.
6) To buy 25 percent of uniforms required for various departments from Karnataka Handloom Corporation.
7) To give an interest free loan up to Rs 2 lakh to weavers
8) To provide free power supply to power loom weaver machines up to 5 HP and to pre units on lines of Tamil Nadu.
9 ) and also to give 50 percent concession in fixed charges
10) To examine including workers in weaving units in unorganised sector and extend all facilities given to construction workers, and to take decisions before the presentation of state budget.
The meeting was attended by Textile Minister Shankar Patil Munenkoppa, KHDC Chairman Siddu Sawadi, MLAs’ Abhay Patil, Mahadevappa Yadwad, former MLC M.D.Lakshminarayan, Additional Chief Secretary and Development Commissioner ISN Prasad, Chief Minister’s Principal Secretary N Manjunath Prasad, MSME Department Secretary Pankaj Kumar Pandey and commissioner of Handloom and Textile development THM Kumar other senior officials.